RAK Ceramics PJSC is the controller of your personal data via our Website and App.
9. YOUR RIGHTS
10. CONTACT US
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
• Communications via our Website: We collect personal data when you provide it to us through communications via our Website. This includes where you have contacted us through the “Contact Us” page on the Website and similar situations in which you have chosen to provide the information to us, including for customer services support.
• Communications via our App: We collect personal data when you provide it to us through communications via our App. This includes where you have contacted us through the “Contact Us” page on the App and similar situations in which you have chosen to provide the information to us, including for customer services support.
• Communications via our Visitor Management System: We collect personal data when you provide it to us through our Visitor Management System at our headquarters in Ras Al Khamiah, United Arab Emirates.
• Goods or services you request: Where you request a good or service from us, we will collect your personal data in order to process your request and otherwise contact you following a purchase.
• Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our Website, we may automatically collect technical data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. Please see section 4 below, for further details.
The type of personal data we may collect includes identity data (including name), contact data (including email address and telephone number), country, location, language preference, employment data (including job description), transaction data (details of products and services you have purchased or are interested in purchasing from us) and any other personal data you provide to use via the “Contact Us” page on the Website or App.
PURPOSES FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We process any personal data you provide to us to enable us to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you, to ensure compliance with local legal and regulatory requirements and for the purposes of our legitimate business interests, including:
• to enable us to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
• to enable us to respond to an enquiry or other request you make when you contact us via our Website or App, including for customer services support;
• to notify you about changes to our service;
• to enable us to issue a notice or corrective action to you in relation to any of our products or services, if required;
• to better understand how you interact with our Website, including its functionality and features, and ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner; and
• to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about and we feel may interest you, as described in the “Marketing” section below.
We may contact you to provide you with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. You may be contacted by us, one of RAK Ceramics affiliated companies or by one of our selected partners.
You may opt out of receiving our marketing communications at any time by contacting us using the “Contact Us” page on our Website or App or by using the unsubscribe link in any of our communications.
We will continue to contact you for non-marketing related purposes where we need to issue a field corrective or safety notice, or to where we need to send certain information to you under a legal, regulatory, or ethical requirement.
A cookie is a small data file that is placed on your computer or mobile device by your web browser when you visit a Website. It is a tool that stores information about website visits, recognises you and your preferences each time you visit our Website, and ensures website functionality and generally improving your experience of the Website.
RAK Ceramics use the following categories of cookies on this Website:
• Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the Website and use its features.
• Performance Cookies: These cookies collect information about how you use the Website, e.g. which pages you go to most often, in order to improve how the Website works.
• Targeting/Advertising Cookies: These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advert as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaigns. They remember that you have visited the Website and this information may be shared with other organizations, e.g. advertisers.
Strictly necessary cookies are necessary to provide the Website to you. We use such cookies without your prior consent. All other cookies are dropped after you have consented via the cookie banner on our Website.
The cookies used by RAK Ceramics are either first party or third party cookies. First party cookies are set by RAK Ceramics and share the same domain. Third party cookies, on the other hand, are stored by a third party provider or organisation.
We use both - cookies that expire once you close your browser (called session cookies) and cookies that stay on your device until you delete them or they expire (called persistent cookies).
(b) Opting out of cookies
You can withdraw your consent at any time, for example by deleting the cookies or by opting out via our opt-out mechanism. If you do not accept all cookies or withdraw your consent, you may still browse the Website; however, in this case you may not be able to use the full functionalities of the Website.
You may also configure the settings of your browser to activate, disable or delete cookies. Detailed instructions are provided by your browser. If you disable or delete cookies, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit the Website and some services and functionalities may not work.
(c) Third party cookies
As the IP anonymization is activated on this Website, your IP address will be truncated by Google within the member states of the European Union or in other states party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional circumstances a full IP address will be saved to a Google server in the USA and truncated there. The IP anonymization is active on this Website. Google will use this information on our behalf for the purpose of evaluating your use of this Website, compiling reports on website activity, and providing us with other services relating to the use of this Website and the internet.
You can block the cookie’s collection of data regarding your use of this Website (including your IP address) as well as the processing of this data by Google, by downloading and installing the browser add-on found under the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
As an alternative to the browser add-on, you can go to https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout in order to opt out from being tracked by Google Analytics within this Website in the future. An opt-out cookie will be stored on your device, which means that you will have to click this link again if you delete your cookies.
Double Click (Google)
This cookie may be used to analyse the success of our advertising campaigns across the internet by measuring how many adverts that are clicked on result in a purchase. This helps us avoid showing you adverts you are not likely to be interested in. You can find out more generally about Google and its advertising policies and principles at http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/ads.
This cookie may be used to analyse the success of our advertising campaign to help us to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interest through targeted advertising. For more information about this and how to control these cookies, visit https://en-gb.facebook.com/policies/cookies/.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may share your personal data with:
• other companies within the RAK Ceramics Group;
• our selected commercial partners and sponsors where you have chosen to participate in surveys, opinion groups or other marketing-related initiatives relating to your use of our goods and services;
• a prospective seller or buyer in the event of a sale or purchase of any RAK Ceramics Group business or asset so that the buyer can continue to provide you with information and services;
• our service providers that we engage to provide services for us. Where we provide your personal data to third party services providers, they are required to keep your personal data confidential and secure, and must only use your personal data as instructed by us; and
• our distributors, business partners, or other service providers, including for marketing purposes or where you have chosen to share your personal data through various features and functionality provided via our Website or App.
STORING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may share your personal data within the RAK Ceramics Group. Your personal data collected via our Website or App will be stored on servers located in an EU member state. It may also be processed by RAK Ceramics staff or by one of our service providers operation in the United Arab Emirates. This includes individuals engaged in, among other things, administration of an enquiry or request you make via our Website or App, or the provision of support services.
We have implemented appropriate safeguards, to protect your personal data when it is transferred outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), including the execution of data transfer agreements with recipients of the information. For access to copies of these agreements please contact us using the “Contact Us” page on the Website or App. We will process any request in line with any local laws and our policies and procedures.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
KEEPING YOUR PERSONAL DATA SECURE
The nature of the internet is such that we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us via the internet and any transmission is at your own risk.
You may inform us of any changes in your personal data, and in accordance with our obligations under applicable data protection laws we will update or delete your personal data accordingly.
EEA residents: You may have the right to: request (a) access the to your personal data we hold about you; (b) request we correct any inaccurate personal data we hold about you; (c) request we delete any personal data we hold about you; (d) restrict the processing of personal data we hold about you; (e) object to the processing of personal data we hold about you; and/or (f) receive any personal data we hold about you in a structured and commonly used machine-readable format or have such personal information transmitted to another company.
We may ask you for additional information to confirm your identity and for security purposes, before disclosing information requested to you.
To exercise any of your rights in connection with your personal data, please contact us using the “Contact Us” page on the Website or App. We will process any request in line with any local laws and our policies and procedures. If you are located in the EEA, you have the right to lodge a complaint about how we process your personal data with the supervisory authority in your country.
If you have any questions about the processing of personal data via this Website or our App, please contact us using the “Contact Us” page on the Website or App. If you contact us, we will do our utmost best to address any concerns you may have about our processing of your personal data.