RAK Ceramics UK is the controller of your personal data that you give to us or that we may collect from or about you.
8. YOUR RIGHTS
9. CONTACT US
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
We may process your personal data when it is collected in the following ways:
- Communications with us: Where you communicate with us in person, by post, e-mail, text, phone, fax and other communications, we collect personal data when you provide it to us, including for customer services support.
- Goods or services you request: Where you request a good or service from us or any information in relation to a good or service we provide, we will collect your personal data in order to process your request and otherwise contact you following a purchase.
- Registration forms or subscriptions: Where you complete a printed or digital registration or similar forms, or provide us with your business cards events or meetings, for example, at trade shows, demos, business exhibitions and other promotions.
The type of personal data we may collect includes identity data (including name), contact data (including email address and telephone number), country, location, language preference, address, employment data (including job description), transaction data (details of products and services you have purchased or are interested in purchasing from us) and financial details (where we are required to make payment).
PURPOSES FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We process any personal data you provide to us to enable us to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you, to ensure compliance with local legal and regulatory requirements and for the purposes of our legitimate business interests, including:
- to enable us to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to process and ship your orders, inform you about the status of your orders, process your payments and provide you with your order status if you purchase our goods or services from us;
- to assess and handle any complaints;
- to develop and improve our products, services and communication methods;
- to enable us to respond to an enquiry or other request you make when you contact us, including for customer services support;
- to notify you about business and trade events and industry exhibitions;
- to notify you about changes to our business, goods or services;
- to enable us to issue a notice or corrective action to you in relation to any of our products or services, if required;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about and we feel may interest you, as described in the “Marketing” section below.
We may contact you to provide you with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. You may be contacted by us, one of RAK Ceramics affiliated companies or by one of our selected partners.
You may opt out of receiving our marketing communications at any time by contacting us using the “Contact Us” page on our group website, www.rakceramics.com (“Website”) or by using the unsubscribe link in any of our communications.
We will continue to contact you for non-marketing related purposes where we need to issue a field corrective or safety notice, or to where we need to send certain information to you under a legal, regulatory, or ethical requirement.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may share your personal data with:
- other companies within the RAK Ceramics Group;
- our selected commercial partners and sponsors where you have chosen to participate in surveys, opinion groups or other marketing-related initiatives relating to your use of our goods and services;
- a prospective seller or buyer in the event of a sale or purchase of any RAK Ceramics Group business or asset so that the buyer can continue to provide you with information and services;
- our service providers that we engage to provide services for us. Where we provide your personal data to third party services providers, they are required to keep your personal data confidential and secure, and must only use your personal data as instructed by us; and
- our distributors, business partners, or other service providers, including for marketing purposes or where you have chosen to share your personal data through various features and functionality provided via our Website.
STORING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may share your personal data within the RAK Ceramics Group. Your personal data collected will be stored on servers located in an EU member state. It may also be processed by RAK Ceramics staff or by one of our service providers operation in the United Arab Emirates. This includes individuals engaged in, among other things, administration of an enquiry or request you make or the provision of support services.
We have implemented appropriate safeguards, to protect your personal data when it is transferred outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), including the execution of data transfer agreements with recipients of the information. For access to copies of these agreements please contact us using the “Contact Us” page on the Website. We will process any request in line with any local laws and our policies and procedures.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
KEEPING YOUR PERSONAL DATA SECURE
You may inform us of any changes in your personal data, and in accordance with our obligations under applicable data protection laws we will update or delete your personal data accordingly.
EEA residents: You may have the right to: request (a) access the to your personal data we hold about you; (b) request we correct any inaccurate personal data we hold about you; (c) request we delete any personal data we hold about you; (d) restrict the processing of personal data we hold about you; (e) object to the processing of personal data we hold about you; and/or (f) receive any personal data we hold about you in a structured and commonly used machine-readable format or have such personal information transmitted to another company.
We may ask you for additional information to confirm your identity and for security purposes, before disclosing information requested to you.
To exercise any of your rights in connection with your personal data, please contact us using the “Contact Us” page on the Website. We will process any request in line with any local laws and our policies and procedures. If you are located in the EEA, you have the right to lodge a complaint about how we process your personal data with the supervisory authority in your country.
If you have any questions about the processing of personal data via this Website, please contact us using the “Contact Us” page on the Website. If you contact us, we will do our utmost best to address any concerns you may have about our processing of your personal data.